So you have decided to put your trust a search marketing company. You have tried to use PPC for your advertising, and running these ad campaigns in-house but you feel it is time to use a PPC management company. Looking at this scenario, the end result is fairly easy for me to predict — the time and expertise you have means your keywords and ad copy will grow to certain really will not grow from there. So at this point you will see little success to drive sales and maximize the return on ad buys. Many small companies find themselves in this exact situation every year. Most understand that their PPC campaigns are under-performing, and that means it is going to be impossible for your business to create the ads and put the time in to optimize the ad campaigns.
Admitting to Outsource
The solution is to outsource your PPC campaigns to a PPC management firm who can leverage their expertise while maintaining control, and offer the opportunity to rapidly increase the size of the PPC efforts needed. Many will admitted they are not fans of allowing service companies to handle their PPC campaigns, but there is much to be offered by allowing PPC optimizers to handle this for your company.
Common In House Paid Search Mistakes
Most small businesses will not see the return on their PPC investment because of these:
- Limited resources and knowledge means ad copy and keywords will not grow.
- Limited budget means every advertising dollar needs to be well-spent and highly optimized.
- Not only is copy and keywords an issue, there is no real tracking of each individual ad campaigns to ensure performance is optimized.
- Depending on how many keywords you are promoting, scalability of the PPC campaigns becomes and issue.
Picking The Right PPC Management Company
Finding the right solution for any company is different for each. Some PPC companies will start you off with a limited budget and no contractual agreement. This can be a great option for the small business owner. You can set the PPC ad campaign and the paid search marketing company will work within the set budget to execute the campaign. The first step in this process involves a teleconference with you and a representative from the PPC company. Basic questions should be: “Do you have experience working with smaller companies that demand high levels of return working in the e-commerce space and have this particular price point?” You need to make sure the PPC company is upfront about their successes, but also about areas or industries where they haven’t been quite as successful, while answering specific questions about their process.
Questions Your Paid Search Company Should Ask You
- What content do you want in your campaigns?
- What is your best service or product?
- What would you like to optimize the most?
- Where is your competition?
What Are Some Things You Should Expect From Your Paid Search Company?
- New PPC Keywords
- New ads for your review
- Weekly meetings
- Landing page suggestions
Expected Results From A PPC Management Agency Of course this is where it can get very confusing as it really depends on so many factors. I think you should expect the following results from your PPC management service:
- 100% increase in your CTR (click through rate)
- Top PPC campaigns should convert at 15+%
- CPA (cost per acquisition) decrease by 50%
- Increase conversion volume by 400%