In another SEO on page review I would like to explore the term Las Vegas criminal defense attorney and the website of The Law Offices of Paul J. Adras, PC located at http://www.gotdefenseattorney.com/. Currently the site is ranked on the top half of page 2. The goal will be to first get this page listed in the top 10 and move it’s way up to the top 3 where 60% of all clicks are obtained.
Keyword Competitive Analysis
Using the SEOMOZ keyword discovery tool, we can see that our showcased term, Las Vegas criminal defense attorney, is a moderately competitive term. Google “says” that this term is used around 300 times a month in it’s exact match but who really knows? Only people who are performing paid search management and have included this paid search keyword in their campaign. Either way, it is a very authoritative term that will bring quality traffic. At the end of the day, it is about traffic that converts not traffic that does not.
Our showcased site does come up a little short in terms of the websites authority in comparison to the top 10 listings. What this shows us is that we need to do some aggressive link building to bring that authority higher to the pages that are ranking in the top 1o per our screenshot. The site lacks the shear number of links that these others have but also from other authoritative domains. So we know we need more links but let’s look at the on-page SEO factors.
On-Page SEO Review Factors
The site does a really good job of optimizing it’s on-page factors. Let’s look at the pros and cons:
- Broad usage of keywords in the title and content
- Exact keywords in the title and content
- No keyword stuffing in the title
- Only one title tag being used
- Good alt tag usage
- Sufficient body copy content
- No keyword stuffing in the URL
- Uses a static URL
- Uses heading correctly
- Good meta description usage
- No extensive internal or external links
- Uses external links
- Only uses 1 H1 heading
Cons (more like improvement opportunities)
- More usage of Las Vegas criminal defense attorney throughout the content of the page
- Use the exact term more on page
- Exact term in URL of page – this is a tough one really as the only true way to do this is to create a new page that has these terms in the URL of the page
- Exact term in H1 headline
- Page title a little to long – currently is ”Las Vegas Criminal Defense Attorney | Las Vegas Defense Lawyer | VegasDUI Lawyer” – at 66 characters this will truncate the title to “Las Vegas Criminal Defense Attorney | Las Vegas Defense Lawyer | Vegas”
- Using bold or italic versions in the body copy of the site for our showcased term
- Meta description needs exact match term within it – currently is “”Expert criminal defense lawyer specializing in DUI, drunk driving defense, felony and misdemeanor charges. Serving all of Southern Nevada and Las Vegas.”
- Avoid using meta keyword tag – overall this tag is dead and should not be used.
Las Vegas Criminal Defense Attorney Search Engine Optimization Suggestions
Here is what I would suggest to get the on page Las Vegas attorney SEO at it’s peak:
- Get our exact match term in the body copy at least 5 times – implement the terms in both bold and italic versions if possible
- Implement a H1 Headline that excludes our term – a good place would be to replace the current area labeled “The Law Offices of Paul J. Adras, PC” to “Las Vegas Criminal Defense Attorney – Paul J. Adras, PC”
- Use exact match of term in description
- Shorten title tag
- Remove meta keyword tag
Overall this site has done a very good job of performing Las Vegas attorney SEO on page. I give it a sold A-/A. I think this suffers more from a weak link profile more than anything else. This will require link building services more so than SEO on page optimization.