For my search engine optimization on page SEO review, I am going to use the term dentist Fort Lauderdale with the example site – cosmetic implant dentist, Marcel Gegati located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida located at http://www.confidentsmiledesigns.com/. This is another great term to perform dentist SEO for local dentist that are within the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area as this terms has low competition in Google, is a very popular term used, and will produce extremely high quality traffic. Currently, the example website is ranked 13 th for the term and with some of my suggestions we should see a top 5+ positioning after performing my suggested attorney search engine optimization tweaks. So let’s do this shall we?
On-Page Keyword Usage For Term Dentist Fort Lauderdale
The page that ranks in the top 20 (http://www.confidentsmiledesigns.com/) really does a pretty good job on keyword usage. Like anything else, it can always be better so let’s look at how we can make it better.
Dentist SEO Suggestions – Title Tag
Currently the title is “Cosmetic Implant Dentist in Fort Lauderdale – Ft. Lauderdale”. Currently the site is breaking the #1 golden rule in SEO which is not having the direct keyword phrase within it. I do like the fact that they use the term “in” within the title tag as most people are going to use that within their search but it becomes a numbers game as to the amount of searches that visitors are performing. My recommendation for the title tag should be – “Cosmetic Dentist Fort Lauderdale Specializing in Implant Dentistry”.
Body Copy Keyword SEO Usage
Overall the site does a good job in optimizing the body copy for dentist Fort Lauderdale. It uses bolding, keywords in the H1 headline, and using the keywords in the body copy.
- Exact keyword terms in title
- Keyword placement in the title – put our term, dentist Fort Lauderdale should be in the first part of the title.
- Exact keyword phrase in the body copy – use the term at least once (but I suggest at least a few times).
- Optimize image names and ALT information with targeted keywords. Use Google & Bing Images is my friend!
- Keywords in URL. This is a great place to start prior to writing content.
- Remove over optimization of hypertext – “dentist in Fort Lauderdale” and “implant dentist in Fort Lauderdale” are both going to the same page. The goal would be to have them to their own unique pages.
- Use exact match keywords within description.
- Cut down description tag to around 150 characters. I would cut it down to – ” Need a dentist in Fort Lauderdale, Florida? Let Dr.Gegati help you in your implant and cosmetic dentistry needs ”.
- Remove keywords from keyword tag. Search engines do not read this tag anymore and no real reason to use it.
- Move the exact keyword phrase to the front of the H1 tag.
Dentist Fort Lauderdale – Current On Page Grade
In it’s current state, I would grade the page a B. Again, the page has a solid page two ranking and with just a few SEO tweaks this example site can make it into page one results and gain some real qualified traffic.